A delicious recipe from Cookuk where our salmon fillet is steamed and finished with lime and chilli.
The ingredients for two people
- 500 g fresh salmon fillet without skin
- 200 g green asparagus, lightly cooked (blanched) in salted water for 10 minutes
- 0.5 bunch coriander, plucked
- 1 lime, zest grated and juice squeezed
- 1-2 fresh small green chillies, halved and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp coconut blossom sugar
- a few coriander stalks, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 lemon grass, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, without style, cut into fine strips
- 2-3 red chillies, chopped
- 1 lime, juice squeezed
- 0.5 dl fish sauce
Wash the salmon and pat dry, place in a platter or on a plate. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Spread the sauce over the salmon. Cover with heat-resistant cling film.
Variation in the steamer
Steam for 8 to 10 minutes at 100°C with 100% steam.
Variation in the pan
Fill the pan with water and place a grid (cake rack or similar) on top. Put the salmon on a plate and place the grid on top. Now put a pan on top of it. Cook the salmon over steaming water for about 10 minutes.
Mix the fish sauce with the lime juice and the finely chopped chillies.
Arrange the salmon on the cooked asparagus and drizzle some of the seasoning sauce over the fish. Garnish with coriander leaves.